Monday, February 21, 2011

2011 Back in the Saddle!

Well it's been over a year since I made any posts. Last year was not a good racing year for me. I never felt good at any race and decided to see a doctor about it. He saw that my cortisol levels were low and told me to stop riding for 3 months. I finished my racing season with issues and actually took the 3 months off and now I'm back to riding again. I ride Tuesday and Thursday nights in my basement with shorter rides consisting of intervals and standing. Sunday is usually my long ride day but haven't been out much due to weather or me being sick. Last Sunday I did 43 miles by myself and had shifting issues and ran out of liquids. Need to order a new cassette this week and hopefully will be back to the long rides in the next week or so. I'm hoping this season will be better and I'm using what I know to be my strength to choose my races this year. I have three 100-mile races planned and I don't care about winning but finishing. Last years Mohican 100 was horrible with the mud. Hopefully this year will be rain free. I still plan on doing the Tailwind Series and will try to win a series award this year. Please comment to keep my posts going!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK. THIS IS TOTALLY UNRELATED.

Mr. Lucia,

This is Marcus Whitted from MacArthur WAY BACK WHEN. I still have your guitar book. How can I return it to you?

Please contact me,
Akuji54@hotmail.com

Later :-)
MW