Saturday, March 29, 2008

Today I rode with the family. Brandy, Jen, Art, Matt, Rich and I went to Stony Creek. I saw Pauly at the parking lot and chatted with him for a few while the rest of the crew started their first lap. I had my road bike and did 2 laps alone while they did their first lap. We took a minute break and then I rode with everyone for my 3rd lap. For the first 2 miles I rode single legged to work on my strength but was pretty bored with that. After we got back from that lap, Jen and Art decided they weren't gonna do another lap and I was a little disappointed because I wanted to keep riding. They told me that they wanted to see how fast I could do a lap. So, I went to the bathroom and by the time I came back to the car, they all had taken bets on my time. Brandy thought 18 minutes and everyone else went up from there. I said if I beat their lowest time then I get the money... a whopping $5. Well I did the lap in just over 17 minutes. Pretty sweet my average on that lap was 21 mph... not bad for my 4th lap that day. Thanks doubters! This years mileage count now up to 196 and I plan on riding some more tomorrow too!

No comments: