Sunday, June 22, 2008

TK Lawless

This weekends race seemed to be a bit weird for me. For starters, I was up at 5:15 to meet Brian Crook from Team Sandbag to carpool to the race. We got there roughly 9:40 and I started at 10:48. I was strong in the race. I passed several people and wasn't passed except for 2-3 people the whole 14 miles. Around mile 10, it started to thunder and was shortly followed by rain which was bad for me to see with my glasses practically made unvisible. I pushed it hard the whole time and felt ok... no cramps, no chest pains, no slowing down. I saw Nick at mile 12, and he was a mile ahead of me. Considering he left 2 minutes ahead of me at the start, I figured he couldn't have been far in front of me since I was less than a mile away. As I rounded the last corner I knew I had done ok. I changed my clothes and cleaned off my bike. Shortly after they had the times posted. I was 7th out of 7. I had a time of 1:11. The math didn't make sense to me. If Nick had been ahead by a mile and finished around 5 minutes faster, but started 2-3 minutes earlier, how did he end up 5 minutes faster? should have been 2-3 minutes. Maybe the timing was off. Probably not, I probably just suck, thinking I did good but ended up last. Hopefully I'll do better at the marathon at Stoney next weekend. Miles to date: 927

No comments: