Wednesday, May 14, 2008

First ever Bike to Work!

When I woke up this morning I lost my mind. I decided, in spite of the weather, to bike to work. I wanted to see if I could do it, and hopefully inspire some people to get on a bike. I rode from Lake Orion to Southfield. I started by heading south on Lapeer Road and continued down Opdyke road. I made a right onto Hickory Grove Rd. and then South onto Lahser Rd. all the way down to 9 mile rode to the street that my school is on. It's just about 25 miles and took me an hour and a half. I left at 6 to get there and beat the rain by mere seconds. On the way home, I made it 22 miles back before it started raining. Oh, and some B!tch tried to run me off the road. At the intersection, I yelled at her and when I passed her, she did the same thing again, not even giving me 6 inches of road. She thought it was over, but little did she know that I was faster than her when she's in traffic. At the next light, I passed by her and continued to ride and the other cars kept passing me like normal... when I saw that her car was next, I rode right in the middle of the lane forcing her to go in the other lane to pass me. Instead, she held her horn for a mile or so and stayed behind me until she got tired.... so 25 there and 25 back. Miles to date: 527

No comments: