Friday, April 11, 2008

AHHHHHH! Ok, Today, my new Kenda small block 8 came in at RBS. I went down there, talked a while, got the tire and went home excited to put the new tire on. Supposed to be 150+ grams lighter than my ignitors. Well I took off the old tire, put the new on one, poured the stans no-tube stuff in, and began to inflate, and inflate, and inflate. No luck. So I got the bucket of soapy water and rubbed the sides of the tires/wheels. I then began to inflate, and inflate, and inflate. Still no luck. I tried the other tire. No luck. My neighbor saw me pumping away and offered to get the battery powered pump. 15 minutes later, plugged in, still no luck. Well I gave up because I didn't know what I was doing wrong. I couldn't seem to get a seal at all. I ended up putting tubes back into my tires... essentially adding the weight I just removed. This sucks! Hopefully tomorrow I can bring my bike to RBS and they can fix it for me....hopefully they won't be too busy.

No comments: