Monday, April 21, 2008

Ridin Bloomer with the Wife.

Well I planned on riding alone today and warming up before the race sunday. Brandy called and said she wanted to go. We stopped at RBS to drop off the tent and headed to the parking lot. We parked on the CRT and rode to the bottom of the course. not much mud until we started working our way to the top. We made it to the first climb and brandy made it all the way up without stopping. She was dead and we saw Robert from Tailwind so I helped him for a minute setting up a temporary bridge over a muddy stream. We got back to our way and she was doing good till the other side of the soccer field. She had a huge anxiety attack for a 10 strip of mud that you couldn't walk through or around... just had to go through it. She made it through and began to cry... the male side of me still doesn't know why. now the way back down... was good all the way...except for her first fall at the tight tree spot. hard climb back up... couldn't make it but she walked. around the corner overlooking the ledge was good. I had her skip the quick down and up again and met her at the snake section.... that was her nightmare... she hated every snaking inch. She was really tired so I had her skip the second snake section and we went to the last downhill. I told her to walk down since it was too scary and I rode the wall as she waited for me. The last section she did good round the river and out to the parking lot. She fell a few times and was breathing hard most of the time but she did good. It's awesome she even wanted to do bloomer with me. She can't believe that I've got to do 3 laps of this sunday though I don't think its that bad. Will try to get out there again tomorrow. maybe the rest of the family will come..hint, hint. Miles to date: 400

No comments: