Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Karma!

Ok, talk about Karma.... I went to Stony today and planned on riding 50 miles. I started off hurting. I don't know why lately but I just don't seem right on my bike. I did two laps in an hour and stopped at the parking lot for a minute before moving on again. About halfway through, there was a guy by the road having bike problems. I pulled over and offered to help. He had a cheap schwinn and the chain was stuck between the cassette and frame. It was stuck really good. Well neither of us had tools to release the tire since schwinns use socket wrenches. I decided to use my pocket tool. I forced the allen wrench under the chain and wiggled it out. He obviously thanked me. I continued to ride and pulled over by the bridge to answer my phone. It was Brandy. As I continued to ride up the hill near the disc golf area, I noticed my tire was feeling weird. I got off to check it and noticed it was a little low. I made it to the top of the hill before it was unrideable. I was walking back to my car when the same guy that I helped earlier pulled up to my car and asked if I wanted a ride. I wouldn't normally accept rides but I figured I had my phone on me and this guy was kinda old, how dangerous could he be? He drove me back to my car and I thanked him for his help. Funny thing is, before he picked me up, and I was walking, there were several road bikers that went past me and didn't even ask if I needed help. How rude.... I obviously needed help... why else would I be walking with my bike on my shoulder. Miles to date: 371

No comments: