Sunday, April 20, 2008

Yankee Springs Time Trial

In the car at 6:15. Picked up Dave at 6:30. Stopped for gas in Flint. Dave had to go to the bathroom stop first gas station off highway. Set up tent. Got registration packet. Start time 11:08. Was informed course was in esrever (reverse). Got clothing on. Got bike ready. Did one lap to say hello. Did adjustments on bike. Did one lap for warmup. Noticed lots and lots of people lined up at the starting line. Who's racing now? "Sport men 19-29" "Thats me but I'm not supposed to go till 11:08." "We're not doing the starting times." "They should have told someone." "WE ANNOUNCED IT OVER THE SPEAKERS!" yeah, the 2: 10 inch speakers pointing in the opposite direction as the starting line. "Well you've gotta get behind him." "I didn't even warm up yet" "Sorry you've gotta go now". What lovely drama before the race. Then mile 1.5, after the first photographer up the first hill.... puke... gross the last of my flu leaving me during a race. Well I felt strong but was lacking the umph to get the speed going. Well at least not till mile 7, but by then 10 or so people passed me and I only had 4 miles left. I finished 25 out of 29...so sad. my time was 1:04. Afterwards, Dave, Dale, Krug and I did a "slow" lap... ended up being faster than my race lap... thanks guys... slow my a$$. Miles to Date: 393

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go racing after being so sick all week. It must have been hard not being able to do anything all week but get sick and than race. Even though your time wasn't what you think it should be you did great for the condition that you were in. At least I think so.