Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bloomer Race Day Results


It was another beautiful day for a race. We got there early to see the expert/elite riders do the switchbacks. My group started at 1, so I started warming up around 12:20. I was feeling good during the warmups and was making sure my new brake pads on my front brakes were working ok. I lined up at the starting line but ended up in the second row. I started off in the long line of riders into the singletrack. First section, someone fell and I was stuck behind them. First climb, someone fell and caused another traffic jam. I knew I was falling behind. By the time I came out of the second switchback, Daves group... which left a minute after me had caught up. I was pushing myself as hard as I could. I began having chest pains and felt dizzy a few times. I knew it wasn't from nutrition because I had a good breakfast this morning: 10 grain cereal. I did well on all the sections and only slipped once not making it an official fall. Problem was I'm just not as fast as the other sport riders. For a while during the ride I said "Maybe it's time to admit my defeat and quit from riding" then I thought "Maybe is actually something I cannot control... like my chest pains and my heart conditions." So I ended up 6th of 8. First lap was 36, second was 37 and third was 37. After I made it through the finish line, I was seeing stars for a while and decided that I'll make an appointment for my doctors soon and see if there are any problems. Next week is Fort Custer so hopefully I can get in before then. Miles to date: 443

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job. This is a new class for you, with so much more competition. I agree you need to go to the doctor to have your heart checked. I can't imagine having to do 3 laps, so I am very proud of you...I'm always amazed at what you can do. Keep workin hard!! Love, your wife Brandy

Anonymous said...

I think you did a good job. You have to give yourself a little credit you haven't been racing that long and it is still the beginning of the season. Hopefully you will get to the doctors and everything will check out for the good. Remember the old saying "When the going gets tough the tough it going"

Anonymous said...

In my last post I meant to say When the going gets tough the tough get going